Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Hair Straightener???

Okay so I have this straightener. I started doing it a lot more often then I used to. I straighten it once a day, sometime evry couple of days. My hair is wavy NOT curly, but I like it straight. After straightening it, though, lately it has been curling again right after I take off the straightener. Any tips so that my hair straightens easily...



like tips not like gels I can put in my hair...



also what # should I have my straightener to, any number 1-25...



Hair Straightener???

What kind of straightener do you have?



I have the same problem with my hair, it's wavy not real wavy, so it doesn't look right if I just let it dry wavy unless I use a crimper or hair product. The hair straightener I used was a regular not the tourlamine cramic(sorry for spelling). So it never stayed.



I saved money and bought one of the tourlamine cramic ones that have both tourlamine and creamic, it was the kind for wet hair which comes in different levels for thickness and wet-dryness. It works pretty good and also has ionic something rather to help frizz. The company is remmington at it was from walmart, also sold at other stores, and other brands carry the same kind of iron, I suggest something like that for a straightener.



To help your hair stay straightened you would want to try a serum, there are many, I would recomend going to a mall discount beauty supply/ Sallys or drugstore, even walmart/k-mart type stores, but I would try the discounted stores first because they may have a good discounted expensive brand for example redken at my malls discount beauty was priced from $2-8 depending on the size, which regular pricing is in the teens and up. even at walmart. Some suave and fruitcus products are good also. Without knowing the exact texture of hair I don't want to say THIS product is the best because it could or couldn't work or make the texture of your hair seem funny.



*Go into sallys ask the sales associate or someone at a salon about cremes and serums for your hair type*



*Look in the search engine for hair straightener products*



*Get a hair brush thats heat activated/ round brushes work good as well*



Something else that might help I find useful is Tresseme heat protector spray for hair, it helps protect and controls frizz. Also you might want to try wash n straight shampoo (I've used that and the wash n curl since I was little), the straightening conditioner is real good. Conditioners are a big factor as well.



With the wet/dry straighteners if you leave the hair slightly damp then straighten the steam I think helps the hair straighten and tame frizz better, but all hair is different.



Just remember the tourlamine creamic.



Anything you put in hair isn't always good, so if you can once in a while, don't sraighten. If you can find it, john freida wave activating spray works good in hair without making it seem like those curl scrunch hairsprays that harden hair, also the sunsilk products aren't too bad either with the straightening or curing cremes. Sorry for the long answer, I could go on and on, I've tried everything it seems haha. I hope any of this will help in some way.



Hair Straightener???

Your welcome, glad I could help! Report It



Hair Straightener???

you should get a Chi straightener



it is soooooo good my hair stays soo soo straight all day



and get straightening serum to put on before you straighten so it lasts long and doesnt get fryed



Hair Straightener???

you probably want to blow dry your hair first then straighten it



Hair Straightener???

it depends on your hair but probably somewhere between 15 and 20



Hair Straightener???

i have the same problem.... its so difficult! try using a straightening product, and put your straightener on a high setting (around 20)



Hair Straightener???

you're probably not using enough heat.



depending on your hair, use higher heat settings.



mine is extremely curly, so i use 25. you should probably put yours anywhere between 10-20.



Hair Straightener???

you should hairspray your hair before straightening it. not only will the hairspray protect your hair from burning but it will keep your hair staying like that for a while. dont worry it doesnt get that crusty feeling.



if it's not working as well, turn it up about 5 more than you usually have it. have it on high but NOT all the way up or you'll burn your hair off and make it frizzy. good luck.



Hair Straightener???

Is it getting hot enough?? Maybe you need a new one if it was getting you hair straight and now is not..



Hair Straightener???

you should put it on quite a high number but NOT THE HIGHEST!!! it will burn your hair! and use a heat-protection spray before, that makes my hair stay straight for longer



Hair Straightener???

make sure your hair is completely dry.



then put it on the highest setting, it's the most efficient.



make sure you hold the straightener on for about 10 seconds(don't burn it off though!)



then use a hairspray.



Hair Straightener???

well i think u should get a new strtaightner like chi and i know u don't want gels but the chi has this little moose thing that u put a little in ur hair and then u startighten ur hair and it works perfect but if u dont want that just put ur starightner on 25



Hair Straightener???

well if it does dat try to keep it on #20 but not so high dat it burns ur hair and try to glide it down slowly.



if it doesnt work maybe get a new one



Hair Straightener???

I dont know what u mean by hair straightner.... But if u mean flat iron, Then i have been telling people here al the while, prolonged use of flat iron will lead to sensitised, dry, brittle, damaged and frizzy hair. Stop using any kinda heat now. Just go for a rebonding/permanent straightening. This will keep ur hair straight without putting any chemicals in it.



Hair Straightener???

I recomend the Sunsilk straightening gell. I have really curly hair, but i like to strighten it and i use sunsilk. Plus it smells pretty good! Its the purple squeezy bottle and im pretty sure its not that expensive. If you really really really want your hair striaght, then i would say to try and use the sunsilk "get it straight" shampoo with the gell. And if your getting split ends use the pink shampoo...sunsilk just works wonders!



GOOD LUCK!!

No comments:

Post a Comment