Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Can hair by colored AFTER a thermal straightener is applied? Professional help appreciated!?

Here's the details: I'm scheduled to have my hair straightened using the Japanese thermal system next week. She's going to use a type that is for color treated hair, as I recently used a permanent color by Garnier. I'm none too happy with the color (not bright enough) so I want to re-color once this begins to fade (6 weeks or so). Can anyone advise if it's okay to re-color two months after using the straightener? My hair is in relatively good condition (soft, not dry or too damaged). Also, my hair is naturally between a level 2 and 3 (definitely a level 2 with this Garnier color). Would it be safe to use a 30 vol developer the next time I color, since I'll have had the straightening done? I'm looking to achieve something like a 3RV or 5RV that actually appears that color, not dark brown with a hint of red. Thanks for any help you can provide.



Can hair by colored AFTER a thermal straightener is applied? Professional help appreciated!?

um, I think the best person to answer your question would be the same person who is going to straighten your hair, don't you? Afterall, She's the expert.



Can hair by colored AFTER a thermal straightener is applied? Professional help appreciated!?

You'll be fine! As long as you wait at least 2 weeks... you wont have any problems.



Can hair by colored AFTER a thermal straightener is applied? Professional help appreciated!?

well, on the color side you can re color it... i would wait 3-4 weeks....just to give your hair some time, but color will not lift color... if your are a 2 now and you want to go to a 3RV or 5VR you are going to have some issues...if it fades enough and you just deposit, it might take you to where you want to be, but i would go to your stylist and ask her to do it so you don't royally screw up your hair. hope I helped you...

No comments:

Post a Comment