Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Chemically Straigtened Hair - Good or bad?

I have very thick, wavy hair, I used to be able to use my straight iron to manage it. But I just got it cut, and it's gone horribly curly and unmanagable! I've tried different brands or irons and lots or hair products, but its been no use.



Is Chemical Hair Straightening (also called Thermal Hair Straightening and Japanese hair straightening) really as bad as people say? What kind of damage will it do, and would it be worth getting done? I'm at wit's end with my hair. Please tell me about Chemical Hair Straigtening, or anything else that I could possibly do!



Chemically Straigtened Hair - Good or bad?

Its good and bad, depending on what you're asking.



I'm exactly like you. My hair is very thick %26amp; wavy.



The first time I got it chemically straightened was when I was 12. My aunt (she does hair professionally) used a normal hair relaxer, and my hair did not straighten AT ALL. So the next week, we tried one with a hair relaxer made for African-American hair, and it came out (and stayed) incredibly straight. (I added this in just to let you know a normal one might not work on your hair, depending on how stubborn your hair is.)



However, the times after that it didn't come out as straight. The last time I did it, about 2 years ago, it just came out less wavy. I don't know if this is because different products used or whatever, but that's just my experience.



Anyway, it DOES damage your hair. But its not like your hair is gonna fall out or anything. The procedure, if it works right, usually should only be done about every 6 months (at least).



So the point of the story is: If you really want to do it, go ahead. Just make sure to take care of your hair with products that will help repair the damage as much as possible.



Chemically Straigtened Hair - Good or bad?

It's dissapointing, only lasts the best of three weeks. I would suggest having whoever does your hair cuts into it to make it thinner and easier to cope with. Using lots of chemicals on the hair is a pretty bad idea, and not good for it, so I would go to a store that sells cosmetics, shampoos etc. and see what they reccomend.



Chemically Straigtened Hair - Good or bad?

Hmmm



First Off you can try getting the CHI straightener,



But if you straighten your hair on a daily basis, then I would recomend the chemical hair straightening.



Its damaging, BUT straightening your hair all the time is the same thing.



I got my hair Chemically straightened twice,



And its acctually nice.



Just make sure you go to a good place to get it done, so they can see what kind of hair you have and stuff. =]



Hope this helped.



(AND how people say it only lasts like 3 weeks, noooo mine lasted like 6 monthsishh, theres a difference between a Straight Perm, and the Magic (Japanese) Perm. Japanese perm lasts longerrr.)



Chemically Straigtened Hair - Good or bad?

Hello! my best friend just so happens to have the exact same problem that you do. As soon as she cut her hair short, it completely got a mind of its own! She decided to get it chemically straightened, and it looks absolutely fantastic! and her hair is still as shiny as ever. She had virgin hair before though, so it was in really good condition when she got it straightened. If your hair is already pretty damaged, I wouldn't recommend that you get it straightened, because it could really weaken it. but if its fairly healthy, then you should definitely go for it!!!!!!!



Chemically Straigtened Hair - Good or bad?

no its bad any thing done to the hair that has chemicals is not good.......i suggest just buy a hair straightener and and a good hair straightening serum and straighten away

No comments:

Post a Comment